Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Metalsmith Suite itunes App from Brynmorgen Press


While I was at SNAG this year in Houston, I got to talk with Tim McCreight about new technologies  to aid metalsmiths.  I was really excited to see how forward thinking he was and how readily he embraced technology.  He mentioned that he was working on an iphone app relevant to metalsmiths.  While poking around on facebook this morning, I saw the announcement of this new app, entitled Metalsmith Suite.  It is only $3.99 for the first 50 who sign up.  The program has nine calculation programs and three additional information resources.  I linked each calculation and information resource with the Brynmorgen information sheet that includes screen shots of the program. 

 The nine calculation programs are:

cost of shot, cost of sheet, cost of wire, casting needs, drawing length, tubing blanks, metal conversion, gold alloying, equivalent numbers 

The three additional resources:

metal properties, gem properties and instructions.

I have downloaded the app, but I have yet to install it to my iphone.  I have lost the cord to sync it with my computer.  (I suspect my husband has hidden it from me--not true, but since he is the true techie in the household, he does hide stuff so I don't lose it.  He will have to fix it! :D)  

No comments: