Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Wearables" show with Scarfitup!

I'm in high gear getting ready for a show at the Port City Pottery and Fine Crafts Gallery tomorrow with fiber artist Louise Giordano. The gallery is located in lovely downtown Wilmington in the historic Cotton Exchange. It is the only local gallery solely dedicated to 3-d art in Wilmington.
Louise Giordano of scarfitup is doing a ton of work in organizing this event. Wow! Louise you sure do make my head spin!!!! Everyone from the gallery has graciously donated items to be part of the every half-hour drawing. From 2pm to 8pm there will be a drawing for incredible artwork from many of the artists in the gallery.

Port City Pottery is now in its 2nd year and things couldn't look brighter. There are 21 local artists represented and we all come in 3 times a month to work in the shop. Sales are still going up and that is very encouraging amidst this economic downturn. Earlier this year Port City Pottery and Fine Crafts was awarded the Most Innovative Business Award by the UNCW Business School. I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing group of people. "Working" is so fun!

Of course there will be a cake from Apple Annie's made by my sweet husband, Hans Westermark as well as many other goodies. Apple Annie's Bake Shop has been in business for 26+ years and has supplied Wilmington with the finest baked goods for all of those years. I know they work hard to bring you the very best and I'm in love with anything they do. My husband has been decorating cakes there for 16 years and works 6 days a week. (I'm particularly fond of the pecan rings, cheesecakes, hazelnut cakes, and anything chocolate. My truly guilty pleasure is eating the white cupcake frosting!)

I can't wait for this event and I know that it will be so much fun!!!! Come say "hello" and get into the spirit of the season. You will also get a chance to see our complete fall lines! (And if you can't resist you can buy some of my work too!) :D

2 comments:

Scarf It Up said...

WOW!!! Thanks for all that! I'm excited too and hope for a great turn-out and SALES!!!! The photo of my nuno felt brooch looks awesome!

One question: what's the fish?

And one other comment: send the link out to the PCP contingency so they can FIND this blog post!

Congratulations in advance for a job well-done!

sarawestermark said...

Louise,
I already sent it out to all the gallery folks. The fish is a cake that Hans did this summer. Its all butter cream--unbelievable!