Friday, March 12, 2010

SNAG Exhibition in Motion

My first SNAG conference has been quite a whirlwind of activity.  There is something to do everyday.  The lectures have been excellent and I'm thrilled to keep learning.  I've gotten to meet some of my metalsmithing hero's like Tim McCreight and Andy Cooperman.  Last night was the SNAG fashion show at the Houston Museum of Art.  I was thrilled to participate in it and documented Marthe Le Van's transformation from a book editor to avant garde fashion model.  

The artist I represented is Erica Stankwych Bailey.  She lives in Fayetteville, North Carolina and drove down to my house to deliver her piece titled, "unwanted".  It is made of junk mail and the color is from the original colors of the paper.  She used recycled copper from construction sites to create links.  

I give credit to all the designers as soon as I locate that bulletin.


No comments: