Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holidays are nearly here!

  1. I have a heart full of gratitude and joy as I pack up three sets of wedding rings ready in time for Christmas. I am so grateful for my customers--that you trust me to make rings for your special day. I am excited to complete two more custom orders to arrive in time for Christmas-each one of these are pieces that I will enjoy making.

I go on and on about this because on December 21st I'm going to have surgery. I have another herniated disk--this time in my neck. I will be so relieved to be out of the intense pain that I've been suffering with for the past 2 months. I have been able to work due to the double blessing and curse of strong painkillers. Apparently this is a common injury for someone who hunches over a workbench. (Insert here a plug for good posture! ha!).


This injury has forced me to do things differently. I need to learn to take time for myself and to not push myself. I will have to change the way I run my business and I might have to rely more on online and custom orders. I do love to do retail, because I love to meet and talk to my customers. All of this thinking has made me realize how grateful I am for my loyal customers. I really do have the best customers in the whole world. To all my customers, I thank you for a wonderful year and I look forward to a beautiful New Year!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm sorry to hear that Sara and I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. The rings are lovely and I'm sure the recipients will be THRILLED to get them. Lucky people!